Daily Stretches: Increase Flexibility & Decrease Injury
- Angle chin to each armpit. Hold for up to 30 seconds.
- Look left, right, up and down. Hold each position for up to 30 seconds.
Upper back and shoulders
- Roll shoulders back while squeezing shoulder blades together and down 20-30 times.
- Interlock fingers in front of you with outstretched arms and round shoulders
holding for 10-15 seconds.
- Stand in a doorway with arms up on each side and step forward slightly
to stretch. Hold for up to 30 seconds.
Lower back and legs
- Lay on your back, hug one knee into your chest one at a time holding for
up to 30 seconds.
- Lay on your back, use a rope to loop around your foot and while keeping
your leg straight, pull the rope towards your chest and hold for up to
- Lay on your back, bring your knee across your chest to the opposite shoulder
and hold for up to 30 seconds.
- While standing, keep one leg back and straight and the other is forward
and bent. Lean into a wall to stretch
By Kellie Way
Parrish Medical Group
Director, Athletic Training