Brevard County Psychiatry
Mental Health Solutions from Parrish Healthcare
Psychiatry is the study, treatment, and prevention of mental disorders.
At Parrish Healthcare, we understand the mental health is a critical factor
in our patients' well-being. That is why we provide comprehensive
mental health services to our Brevard Country patients so that they have
access to cutting-edge diagnostics and treatment options.
Psychiatry is often confused with psychology. Psychologists can play an
important role in the mental health of their patients, but do not inhabit
the same role in the medical field as psychiatrists. Our psychiatrists
are medical doctors who ensure that our patients' mental health issues
are addressed as part of their treatment at Parrish Healthcare—either
as the patient's sole medical concern or in conjunction with other
treatments (for injury or illness, for example).
At Parrish Healthcare, psychiatrists:
- Can order medical imaging
- Can conduct physical examinations
- Can order lab tests
- Can write prescriptions
- Can order various psychiatric treatments
- Can consult with various other medical specialists
- Can refer patients to other specialists
- Can refer patients to psychologists for regular therapy
- Can conduct routine psychotherapy
Conditions psychiatrists commonly treat include:
- Bipolar disorder
- Attention deficit disorder
- Sleep disorders (insomnia)
- Post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD)
- Borderline personality disorder
- Obsessive-compulsive disorder
Like other fields of medicine, psychiatrist encompasses many sub-specialties,
many of which play a role at Parrish Healthcare. Patients may be referred
to one of our psychiatrists or one may be assigned to them as part of
their treatment if they have been admitted to the hospital. Whatever our
patients' circumstances are, our facility can ensure that their mental
health will receive the attention it deserves.
Have more questions about our mental health resources or our psychiatric
services? Contact us at Parrish Healthcare Psychiatry today.