Patients & Visitors
We look forward to partnering with you and your loved ones to help us make
sure your hospital experience is a healing experience. To call a patient’s
room, please dial: 321-268-6111.
The following safety measures are in place to provide a safe and healing
environment for all:
- Public access is limited to the Main Entrance and the Emergency Department
entrance 24/7. Security officers are posted at these entrances 24/7.
- Visitors/Partners in care must check-in with picture ID to receive a visitor’s
badge after 8 p.m.
- Visitors/Partners in care will be verified with the receiving patient/family
or nursing team prior to access after 8 p.m.
- Visitors/Partners in care are welcomed to be with the patient based on
the patient’s preferences and wishes.
- Partners in care are person(s) identified by the patient who are family
members and/or other individuals that are present to support the patient
during the course of the patient’s stay.
- Quiet time, designated from the hours of 8 p.m.-7 a.m. every day, will
be observed to promote a restful healing environment for patients. One
way this is accomplished is by limiting disruptions from the care team
and partners in care. If a partner in care stays during quiet time, he
or she will be asked to obtain a pass from Security. There may be times
when visitors/partners in care would need to be limited. Every effort
will be made to work collaboratively and respectfully with the patient
and partners in care to ensure the safety, quality of care, privacy, rest
and confidentiality of all patients.
If at any time during your visit you would like to speak to a patient advocate
or our Patient Experience Professional, please dial 321-268-6685.
What to Expect at Parrish Medical Center
Heading to our hospital? Watch this short Emmi® program to better prepare
for your stay with us. The program answers common questions and addresses
common concerns including:
- Why do hospital staff keep asking me my name?
- Do I bring my medications with me?
- Is the hospital noisy?