Awards and Recognitions
National Quality and Patient Safety Leader
We pride ourselves on serving as a transformative healthcare industry leader,
advancing the ideals of collaboration over competition and a relentless
commitment to continuous improvement for the benefit of all—patients,
families, communities and care partners (employees, physicians, providers
To see how we compare against other health systems, visit:
Spring 2019 -
Earned an 'A' grade for patient safety from the Leapfrog Group
- The Joint Commission Awards the nation’s first Integrated Care Certification.
- Patient Safety Movement Foundation's Five-Star Hospital Ranking
- Mayo Clinic Care Network (MCCN) exclusive membership since 2014.
- The SafeCare Group’s Top 100 SafeCare Hospitals®. Ranking among
the nation’s top two percent of hospitals for safety.
- Straight “A” Hospital Safety Scores from The LeapFrog Group
from 2012 to 2017.
- Women’s Choice Award® as one of America’s Best Hospitals
for Patient Safety.
- Best Places to Work in Healthcare by Becker’s Hospital Review.
- American College of Surgeons Commission on Cancer Accredited.
- Rated #1 safest hospital in Florida by Consumer Reports (2014).
- Joint Commission Top Performer on Key Quality Measures®.
- Stroke, Heart Failure, Acute Coronary Syndrome, and Breast Cancer Gold
Seal certified by The Joint Commission.
- Ranked as a top performer by Vizient (VHA, Inc.), a national network of
1,700 not-for-profit healthcare organizations.
Designated Blue Distinction® Center+ for Maternity Care.
- Women’s Choice Award® as one of America's 50 Best Hospitals
for Stroke Care.
- Women’s Choice Award® as one America’s Best Hospitals for
Patient Experience in Orthopedics.
- Parrish Wound Healing Centers recognized as Center of Excellence by Healogics,
Inc., the nation’s largest provider of advanced wound care services.
- Gallup Great Workplace Award recipient.
- J.D. Power and Associates Distinguished Hospital Program(SM) for "Outstanding
Top 100 Best Places to Work in Healthcare (2009) by
Modern Healthcare magazine.
- Breast Imaging Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology (ACR).
- Hospital of Choice Award 2010, by the American Alliance of Healthcare Providers (AAHCP).
- Central Florida LEEDer Award from U.S. Green Building Council, 2008 Project
of the Year, Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John.
- Commissioner’s Business Recognition Award, Florida Education Foundation
and Florida Department of Education, for outstanding commitment to improving
- Values Award, Community Based Care Partners of Brevard.
- America’s #1 Healing Hospital by Baptist Healing Trust, Nashville,
TN (three consecutive years).
- Parrish Medical Center, Chairman’s Circle Award, United Way of Brevard
- Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John, certified Green Building by
the United State Green Building, Leadership in Energy and Efficient Design (LEED).
Discovery Award (2005),
Healthcare Design Magazine and Starizon, a forward thinking organization devoted to advocating exceptional
customer experiences for numerous industries, selected Parrish Medical
Center as the very first Discovery Award recipient.