Parrish Healthcare Phased Re-opening Plan for Elective Surgeries and Diagnostic Services
Pursuant to the State of Florida Office of the Governor Executive Order
20-112, Phase 1: Safe. Smart. Step-by-Step. Plan for Florida’s Recovery,
Parrish Healthcare has implemented its plan for resuming select services.
Parrish Healthcare has created a careful and methodical plan to continue
to assure the health and safety of everyone. “It is important to
stress that many of the added safeguards that have been instituted during
our COVID-19 response will become our new normal and will require changes
to the policies, processes and procedures with which we have become accustomed,”
said George Mikitarian, Parrish Medical Center/Parrish Healthcare President/CEO.
Phase one includes the following:
Mon., May 4, 2020, outpatient laboratory and diagnostic services, excluding
pulmonary function tests (PFTs), will resume at the medical center’s
- Parrish Healthcare Center at Port St. John is open for business.
- Parrish Healthcare Centers at Port Canaveral and Titus Landing remain closed
at this time.
Wed., May 6, 2020, elective outpatient surgeries that do not require an
overnight hospital stay will resume.
- COVID-19 testing will be added to the pre-admission testing checklist for
- Elective surgery pre-admission COVID-19 testing will be by appointment
at either Parrish Medical Center or at our COVID-19 drive-thru test site
at Parrish Health & Fitness Center on Cheney Highway in Titusville.
Test results are expected within two business days.
- Mon., May 11, 2020, sleep evaluations will resume, including mask clinic
and oxygen testing.
- Mon., May 18, 2020, diagnostic sleep studies in lab and titrations will resume.
Advanced scheduling for procedures is required, including labs.
- Walk-ins are discouraged; however patients in need of services will not
be turned away and will be accommodated in accordance with our safety
- To contact lab or diagnostic scheduling, call 321-268-6150 select option 2.
- To contact elective outpatient surgery scheduling, call 321-268-6826.
Universal Masking. In accordance with the recent Joint Commission guidance
document on universal masking and CDC recommendations, Parrish Healthcare
has implemented universal masking:
- Upon entry to all Parrish Healthcare facilities
- During transport
- When receiving care (both less than or greater than 6 feet)
- Masks will not be on placed on any patient <2 years of age and on those
who have trouble breathing, anyone who is unconscious, incapacitated or
otherwise unable to remove the mask without assistance.
- Patients can remove their facemask when no one is in their room but should
put the mask on if leaving their room or when others are in their room.
- Medical grade face masks will be provided to all patients with respiratory
conditions (i.e. coughing or sneezing).
- A cloth mask is sufficient for patients without respiratory conditions
and for care partners who are not providing direct patient care.
- If a patient arrives without a cloth mask, then Parrish Healthcare would
provide one (either cloth or a medical grade facemask).
- No change to hospital visitor restrictions at this time.
- No change to hospital screening, clearance or social distancing procedures.
As a reminder, Parrish Healthcare operates a COVID-19 testing site at Parrish
Health & Fitness Center, located at 2210 Cheney Highway, Titusville,
FL. You do not need to have any symptoms to be tested. We understand the
importance of testing and the role it plays in stopping or slowing the
spread of COVID-19. Pre-registration is required and no out-of-pocket
cost for the test. For fast and easy pre-registration, visit parrishhealthcare.com/COVID19Registration.
Test results are expected within two business days. A Parrish Medical
Group provider will review the results with each patient via a Telehealth
visit and provide next steps. Additional information is available at parrishhealthcare.com/coronavirus.